Occasionally, rebooting (or even resetting) your wi-fi router can re-establish a connection, automatically select the best channels or update to the latest firmware.
here’s what you should do
Simply press the symbol on the back of your wi-fi router or:
- switch the wi-fi router off at the socket and remove the adapter from the wall
- ensure the power cable is fully inserted in the back of the wi-fi router
- wait 10 seconds then plug the adapter back into the wall (and switch the socket back on again)
- allow around 2 minutes for the wi-fi router to power-up and establish connections
- if there is a problem with the power to your wi-fi router, the symbol on the front of your wi-fi router will not light up
Alternatively, to rest the router (and all its current settings), insert a small pointed object into the ‘RESET’ hole on the wi-fi router. Allow around 5 minutes for the wi-fi router to power-up.